


Friendship is a rock
Solid, doesn't budge
It's a firm foundation
Between each other
Giving all you have
Expecting nothing in return
You know they are there with you
Through the ups and the downs
Never leaving your side
Until the day they die
Even then it's just another phase
It will be okay
They were there for you
Now they need you
To be there for someone else
Passing by to the other side
By the bridge
Created by the Father
Sending His son to be slain
By the hands of sinners
The hands of you and me
Filling the gap
Of hurt and sorrow
Building the bridge of friendship
The bridge to the Father
By His stripes we are healed
We were made mew
If only we choose to become His friend
Solid, doesn't budge
It's a firm foundation
Between each other
Giving all you have
Expecting nothing in return
You know they are there with you
Through the ups and the downs
Never leaving your side
Until the day they die
Even then it's just another phase
It will be okay
They were there for you
Now they need you
To be there for someone else
Passing by to the other side
By the bridge
Created by the Father
Sending His son to be slain
By the hands of sinners
The hands of you and me
Filling the gap
Of hurt and sorrow
Building the bridge of friendship
The bridge to the Father
By His stripes we are healed
We were made mew
If only we choose to become His friend

I noticed the literary elements in this poem. You painted many pictures in my mind. It was great, I really enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteThank you Seth, although what is an example of literary elements that you recognized?
ReplyDeleteI liked the part about friendship being a rock and how its a firm foundation. I hope my friendship with you is like that, and if it is i hope it will stay that way.
ReplyDeleteThank you Nate I wish for that too. I hope that we can hang out this summer.
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of my friendships. I think back to everyone I am friends with and read over this poem, finding the truth in the poem about friendships. It is a really touching poem. What or who inspired you to write this?
ReplyDeleteThis was a very creative poem. I loved how you referenced God, and how we are made new if you choose to become his friend. And I love how you depicted his sacrifice for our friendship. And when we brush him off, it hurts him, and us.
ReplyDeleteI agree with everyone on this poem. I agree that wen I read this, I think of all of my friends and how i love all of them. I agree with Melanie that it is very creative and some of the things you said friends were, I had never thought of it like that!
ReplyDeleteYes, I can also like Ashley agree with everyone about your poem. You had great literary elements and many good metaphors. Friendship poems are always fun for me to read because they always remind me of someone.
ReplyDelete